2012年9月2日星期日

Altered IkappaBalpha expression promotes NF-kappaB activation in monocytes from primary Sj�gren's syndrome patients.

Altered IkappaBalpha expression promotes NF-kappaB activation in monocytes from primary Sj�gren's syndrome patients.

Pathology. 2012 Aug 29;

Authors: Lisi S, Sisto M, Lofrumento DD, D'Amore M

Abstract
AIMS:: To study the importance of I?B? in NF-?B signal transduction, we analysed the I?B? expression in monocytes from Sj�gren's syndrome (SS) patients versus healthy controls. METHODS:: Monocytes were obtained from the peripheral blood of 30 SS patients and 23 healthy subjects. I?B? expression was studied by semiquantitative reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), real-time PCR, immunoblotting, flow cytometry and enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). RESULTS:: Analysis of the gene and protein expression profiles of SS monocytes revealed a down-regulation of I?B?, and in all the Sj�gren's syndrome cases examined, serum I?B? levels were significantly decreased in comparison with controls. CONCLUSIONS:: Our findings clearly demonstrate changes in the levels of I?B? in SS monocytes, suggesting that the attenuated expression of I?B? could contribute to the deregulation of NF-?B pathways in the SS pathogenesis. Decreased expression of I?B? may specifically amplify cytokines production and inflammatory response linked to Sj�gren's syndrome.

PMID: 22935973 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

NF-kB pathway NF-kB signaling NF-kappaB signaling pathway

没有评论:

发表评论